We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 to explain how we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
1. What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses, phone and mobile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including, but not limited to:
- Correspondence, by telephone and facsimile.
- By email.
- Via our websites Plus.Live, www.PlusSoftSolutions.com and www.SnapshotBI.com
- From your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties.
- We don’t guarantee privacy via website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our Customers and for marketing purposes.
- We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
- You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us via email. If you do not get a reply from us, you will need to contact us again because your email may have inadvertently gone into SPAM filters.
2. Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained.
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose.
- With your consent.
- Or where required or authorised by law.
3. Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you.
However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties.
In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
5. Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we may still keep this within our databases. Most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in Customer e-files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
6. Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us via email.
Plus Software Solutions Pty Ltd will not charge a fee for your access request, but we may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information. This could be in person, or via a telephone or Video Conference call, like Zoom or Teams.
7. Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date.
If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as possible so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
8. Policy Updates
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Note that there may be a two-week minimum reply time. Or for immediate assistance contact us via phone or email